Pitch-o-Matic v 0.2 08/09 – In progress A PRESENTATION THEATER SPORTS GENERATOR
“For students & media professionals to improve their presentation confidence and improvisational skills”!
INSTRUCTIONS (you use the keyboard vs the mouse!)
1 – To see this running in your browser below make sure you have the latest 64bit shockwave plugin here or download the standalone Mac or PC apps below
2 – PRESS 2 on the KEYBOARD for a fun Intro sequence
3 – After the intro music PRESS 3 on the keyboard which ‘ brings up my example ’rounds’ screen (see more on these below). Use this as a guide though and try to make your own ‘pitch games’ using the randomiser on the next screens! Use the WHO is it for and HOW many presenters at your discretion.
- ROUND 1 – “ON THE GenreSPOT” – simple come up and talk for x number of seconds on a random TOPIC below. Easy start
- ROUND 2 – “DON’T LET THEM GUESS” – a presenter is secretly given a random CONTENT below and has to truly describe it without giving away what it is. To aid understanding of dangers of ‘not getting to the point!’ 🙂
- ROUND 3 – “LET’S GET EMOTIONAL & PHYSICAL” A combination of Round 1 but now add in advanced random EMOTIONAL state of the presenter and/or a PHYSICALITY that the presenter has to display!
- ROUND 4 – “THE 15 SECOND EPIC” – Use a combination of the above rounds but use the timer to force presenter/s to do the 15 second elevator pitch – and make it sound compelling
- ROUND 5 – “3 WISE MONKEYS AND ONE PRESENTER” – This involves 1 presenter and 3 selected panelists. Each of the panellists are making it hard for the presenter – Panelist 1 – Occasionally asks completely irrelevant questions, Panelist 2 – Occasionally asks extremely precise and detailed questions, Panelist 3 – Is physically showing complete disinterest and is actually off-putting!
- ROUND 6 – “KEYWORD HURDLES” – Choose up to four people from the audience who have to simply introduce a ‘left field’ keyword every 30 seconds and the presenter/s have to incorporate that into their presentation!
4 – PRESS 4 to bring up the main interface. Use the example rounds above and press the corresponding LETTER (eg: for Who, press the letter W) – some sound effects and music make waiting for the item fun, especially Topic and Content which have 1000s of possibilities!
- WHO – is the project aimed at. The presenter will need to consider this.
- HOW – many people will be presenting. The single person can nominate others.
- EMOTIONAL – What state are you, the presenter in. For advanced users only!
- PHYSICALITY – What will you be doing with your body during the presentation?
- TOPIC – A possible list of over 1200 genre, topics, subjects. The main button for early rounds.
- CONTENT – A selection of over 200 of the top films of all time
5 – If you want a break to instruct or give feedback simply press the jingle letters – J for a short one, L for a long one (perhaps the outro to the show)
6 – Finally You can initiate a COUNT-UP timer at any time counting up by pressing the number ‘5’ key. To reset it simply press ‘4’ to return to the main screen and also press ‘R’ to reset all fields
You can download a standalone app which can be used to produce a full screen ‘show’ – download 45MB MAC app here and 39MB PC app here then set the projector screen resolution to 640/480. I have run this successfully with over 60 students and/or media pros at a time.
- Devised & Programmed by Gary Hayes, personalizemedia.com
- Visual Design by Catherine Gleeson